3 Finger-Lickin' Chicken Wing Recipes For National Chicken Wing Day
Whether you like them hot and spicy, sticky and sweet, or just plain and simple, today is National Chicken Wing Day and the perfect way to celebrate is a big plate of wings served with your favourite sides. Here are 3 finger-lickin’ good recipes to cook up this evening:
Sticky Hoisin & Sesame Chicken Wings
- 2.4 lb Chicken Wings cut into drumettes & flats (1.1kg)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 2 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Give it a good stir before adding the chicken wings. Coat the wings the marinade.
- Transfer them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through and crispy.
Recipe via Happy Foods Tube
Classic Buffalo Wings Recipe
- 2 lb. chicken wings
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted
- Ranch dressing, for serving
Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C and place a wire rack over a baking sheet. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients to make the marinade. Toss in chicken wings and mix until fully coated.
Transfer to prepared baking sheet and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, flipping the wings halfway.
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe via Delish
Honey Whiskey BBQ Wings
- 6 chicken wing pieces, thawed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chili, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet with foil and set a flat wire rack on top. Lightly grease with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the wings, oil, and a few big pinches of salt.
- Spread into a single layer on the rack. Bake 50-60 minutes or until crispy and internal temperature reaches 165F on a digital thermometer.
- While the wings are cooking, make the sauce: In a medium saucepan, heat the Jack Daniel's. Once hot, add the onion and a big pinch of salt. Cook until the onion starts to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Whisk in the ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, molasses, tomato paste, honey, and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Cook until reduced and thickened, about 5-10 minutes, stirring often.
- Once the wings are done, toss the wings in the sauce and serve immediately.
Recipe via Chocolate Moosey
Feature image credit: @freepik/jcomp